The Rev City Youth staff application process is open to anyone who has graduated from high school, has a desire to disciple junior and senior high youth and possesses the following qualities:
- have a consistent lifestyle that honors God and sets an example for others. In accordance with 2 Timothy 2:22 “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
- be willing to share your faith and live out the mission of Rev City Youth to see the Spiritual atmosphere of our city changed, and be willing to disciple youth towards the same goals.
- be active in leadership and ministry within your local church. You must attend the weekly RCY meetings (including 5:30 p.m. prayer) and (“Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” James 2:17)
- be in submission to your spiritual authorities - church leadership including elders and pastors. (“Now we ask you brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in highest regard in love because of their work.” 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
- exhibit a willingness to follow directions and be a team player. You must be willing to help Pastor Micah and Adrienne with planning and working at the weekly meetings, special functions and activities, including fundraising events whenever possible. (“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” Colossians 3:23)
- maintain proper and Godly relationships with all youth, especially members of the opposite sex. RCY staff are not allowed to date RCY youth.
It is expected that you take an active role in discipleship of youth through one-on-one relationships and possibly leading a life-line group if requested to do so by Pastor Micah or Adrienne.
Please answer the following questions honestly and completely.